Wow, it’s nearly May! I think I say this at the start of every month, but the year goes by so quickly.
I have a few thoughts for you for this month which I am hoping might help you move your business on in May.
#1. Don’t Be So Hard On Yourself
We are starting month 5 of the year and it’s a great time to reflect on how much you have achieved this year already.
Celebrate the small things you have done. That could be as simple as getting a handle on your social media, hiring some more staff or creating a plan for the next few month.
We are our own worst enemy as we don’t give ourselves enough credit for all the great things we do.
#2. Consistency Is Key
If there is one thing I think has been the key in my business growth it’s my consistency. I just keep going with things, rather than stopping and starting all the time.
Every time you stop something you lose momentum with what you are doing and have to start all over again.
This goes for anything – blogging, video, podcasts, live events. You need to decide on a schedule and stick with it.
#3. Pick One Thing
If you are going to focus on moving your business forward this month then I would encourage you to pick one thing to focus on.
Don’t be distracted by people telling you that you need to be doing x, y, and z – instead just stick to the one thing you choose and be amazing at that! You will see a real difference in how you feel (less overwhelm) and you will see better results because you are more focused.
Marketing Your Pet Business In May
As always there are lots of pet days this month so go ahead and choose the ones that you think you can promote to your audience best. Pick ones that you find fun and interesting to write about.
Also, consider which ones will make good searchable content on Google so that you can get year-long traffic to your blog from it.
- Chip Your Pet Month – great educational piece on importance of chipping your pet. Do some keyword research on what questions people are asking Google for this.
- National Pet Month
- National Service Dog Eye Examination Month
- National Pet Week – First Full Week in May Create fun promotional images and get people to share pics on their pets
- Puppy Mill Action Week – Begins the Monday before Mother’s Day
- National Purebred Dog Day – May 1
- Hug Your Cat Day – May 3 – It’s definitely worth doing a fun piece on cats – you could make this one quite funny
- National Specially-abled Pets Day – May 3
- Mayday for Mutts – First Sunday in May
- National Animal Disaster Preparedness Day – May 8 This is a blog post you can share a lot depending on where you live.
- International Hug Your Cat Day – May 30 – get people to share pictures of their cats.
Non Pet Days
4th May – Star Wars Day
6th May – National Nurses Day
27th May – Memorial Day
31st May – Heat Awareness Day