If you don’t have enough customers buying from you then it’s time to grow your audience – which basically means you need to make sure more people know who you are and what you do.
There are 3 core things that you should be focusing on to grow your audience and make sure you have a consistent source of leads and sales. And in this article I am going to run you through each of them.
3 Ways To Grow Your Pet Business Audience Online
#1. Optimise Your Website To Grow Your Audience
Firstly you want to make sure that your website is easily found by potential customers.
- Is it optimised so that google can show it to people searching for what you have to offer?
- Do you know where you rank on Google for keywords that customers are searching for? Ideally you want to be on Page 1 of Google for your chosen search terms.
- When people come onto your website are they getting the information that need? Do they know what you do and how you do it?
- Do you make it easy for people to get in touch with you? Phone numbers, email, contact form etc.
- Are you demonstrating your expertise and credibility? Are you making yourself stand out from anyone else in your service area.
You might be interested in reading: The 3 Most Important Pages On Your Website
#2. Write Blog Posts To Grow Your Audience
Blog posts are a great way to get found in Google Search for a number of different pet related topics. And the more relevant blog content that you write the more chance you have of potential customers finding you and your products/services.
There are lots of different topics you could write about, including:
- Answering questions about your products and services
- Highlighting all things to do with your pets in your local area
- Educating pet parents about their pets
You might be interested in reading: SEO For Your Blog: How To Get Found In Google
#3. Social Networking To Grow Your Audience
Posting on social media is a brilliant way to get in front of people that might need your services. But if you aren’t networking with pet parents then your audience won’t grow.
You should be:
- Chatting with your followers – replying to all their comments
- Finding new people in your area to follow (great to do on Instagram & Twitter)
- Commenting on people’s posts and liking their photos (great to do on Instagram & Twitter)
- Networking with other pet related businesses
If you don’t reach out and chat to new people your audience will never grow.
You might be interested in reading: 8 Ways To Get More Engagement On Social Media (With Examples You Can Try Today)
And don’t forget to check what’s working and do more of that.
When you are creating content for your business it’s super important to make sure you set time aside to see what is working for you – what is making sales?
This way you can focus on creating more of the content that converts.
You might be interested in reading: How To Check What Content Is Generating Leads For Your Pet Business on Facebook & Instagram
Are you doing all of these things? I would love to hear in the comments below.